For September 2020 the school is looking for:
- a School Finance Officer/Bursar - fixed term / part time (up to 20 hours per week)
Due to continued growth The New School Rome is looking to appoint a School Finance Officer/Bursar to take over the running of the school’s finances and administration.
The SFO/Bursar will work with and report to the AC and EC Chair (headteacher/board of governors’ Chair) and liaise with teaching staff to ensure the smooth running of the association’s finances. You will be joining a delightful and highly successful British International School which caters for an international student body in Rome. The school follows the English National Curriculum and has approximately 200 students on roll aged 3-18.
The school is looking for someone who:
- Is well organised, motivated and can keep systems in place
- Has an excellent understanding of accounting/ budget management and personnel systems, preferably with experience in schools
- Is fully competent in the use of EXCEL and has excellent numerical skills
- Has experience of accounting and budget control systems
- Has experience of negotiating contracts and working with suppliers
- Has knowledge of Italian and UK school administrative and financial practices
- Has clear communication skills and is fluent in both English and Italian
- Has a friendly manner and can work well as part of a team.
- Has a good sense of humour
For further information and the additional responsibilities the SFO/Bursar will be asked to do, please click on the link below:
Deadline for applications: Monday March 9th
Interviews will be conducted later in March in Rome.
The New School Rome is committed to the safeguarding of its students and as such successful candidates will have to undergo an enhanced DBS check.